Pages

HomeAboutContact

18.6.13

Pin Ups & Petticoats

Recently we held a fundraising event at Spout called Pin Ups & Petticoats.  The event was to help raise money towards Douglas Macmillan Cancer Support.

Like most of our events at Spout it had the usual vintage theme which I love, plus I got to have my hair and make up professionally done prior to the day beginning.

I don't spend a lot of money on make up because to be honest I haven't got a clue how to use most of it and because I'm a busy working mum.  The less time I spend doing my  make up the more time I can spend  doing a million other jobs before going to work.

I was a bit dubious about having my make up done.  The last time I was professionally made over was when I was a bridesmaid at my dads wedding a couple of years ago.

This was the result....................

Photo courtesy of The Guardian
Ok ok I didn't quite look like that but that's how I felt!  There was far too much slap on my face for my liking!  I had every kind of look going on!  Eyes, lips and cheeks.  I could have been in Panto. Luckily I managed to get most of it off before the ceremony.

So it was because of this bad experience that I was slightly sceptical about having my make up done but I thought I'd give it another shot.  And I'm so glad I did because I learnt a few little tips and tried out a slightly different look to the one I usually have.

If I'm going to share one tip with you it's this: - 

USE A PRIMER. 
It helps to keep your make up in place for longer  


Here's the finished result......
Feeling all glam


The rest of the day consisted of vintage hair and beauty workshops, stalls, silent auctions, tea, cakes and live jazz music.  It was like stepping back in time. And to top it all off we helped to raise over £700 towards Macmillan Cancer Support.

It was such an amazing day and the atmosphere was literally electric.  It wasn't until I got home that I thought about what we'd helped achieve.  Quite a few of us felt emotional because unfortunately cancer will at some point affect most of us, either directly or through friends or family.

I felt honoured to be involved with this event knowing that it was for such a good cause.

Here are a few more photos from the day.


Amazing cake by https://www.facebook.com/PashionForCakes

Crochet bunting

More Bunting!!

Donations from Burleigh Pottery

Hair & Make up

Group photo by Jam Snaps


Have you ever been involved in a charity event?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comments. Don't forget to follow me via twitter for blog updates or to ask me a specific question @agirliknow_

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...