Pages

HomeAboutContact

29.3.12

Hello Shellac

Now, any one of my friends will tell you I'm not a girly girl.   I've never had the time or the funds for that matter to take myself off to the salon every week.   My daily make up routine consists of foundation, topliner and mascara and then I'm outta the house quicker than you can say lipgloss.  Less is more I keep telling myself.  Although I have an inclination it's more likely to do with the fact that make up is not my friend!  It has a tendency not to stay put!

However, with my birthday coming up I decided a treat was in order.  So I took myself off to the salon and got myself shellacked.  For those of you who don't know what Shellac is let me demystify you.  It's nail varnish with a difference.  It lasts for around 2 weeks!  No nasty acrylics that wreck your nails (no offense acrylic fans).  Just a special varnish that dries under a UV light.  It's dry in seconds!  Doesn't smudge, doesn't budge, ladies this stuff is the dogs doo dahs.   Perfect for someone like me who really cannot be arsed to paint her nails every 2 days.   This is revelation I tell you!  It's up there with Sky plus!  I now constantly walk around with my hands in front of my face, a bit like a mime artist, admiring my nails.  My super shiny bullet proof nails.

I have a feeling Shellac may have released the inner girly girl inside of me, EEEK this may not be good for my bank balance...............

Shellac - Rubble - Day 1

 



3 comments:

  1. Wow this is the first I've heard of this shelack-a-lack business!! I want one! Sounds a lot better than those nail wraps I bought my friend. She asked if I could put them on for her, I was losing my rag with em after the first two, I expected them to be REALLY sticky- they weren't. And they kept coming off during the course of our night out, by the end, most were stuck to her hair!! So, all in all, a crap pressie from moi! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.s your nails look fab by the way, nice colour! may I ask how much they were? I sense a treat for myself next time I'm back, would be great for my friends wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tee hee Naomi you do make me laugh. Yes yes treat yourself lady. They were £25 (OUCH) but there is a salon near me that has started doing them for £15. Thats a BARGAIN I say!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments. Don't forget to follow me via twitter for blog updates or to ask me a specific question @agirliknow_

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...