Pages

HomeAboutContact

31.8.12

This Sleepy Town Called Home

As a Londoner now living up north I sometime miss the hustle and bustle of the city.  Yesterday I took a daytrip to London and I loved every moment of it.  I miss the shops! The diversity! Even the tube!! Yet a part of me couldn't wait to get back home.  It's daytrips like this that make me appreciate what we have on our doorstep.

Although my life is completely different now to how it was in London I'm glad I've had the opportunity to experience both the city life and this sleepy town I call home.

We do things we wouldn't necessarily do if we lived in London.  The weekends often involve making up a picnic and going on random walks with the family.  You never know what you're going to find and it always feels like an adventure.  It's completely different to the way I grew up where Camden and Carnaby Street were a stop off after school. But you know what?  As long as I get a few daytrips in here and there, I've come to realise I wouldn't trade this in for the world (or the city).


One of our random walks with the boys in my life!!

11 comments:

  1. I feel the same! It's nice to have lived there and I like to visit but I am happier with the life I have now with trips to the coast and driving through the country. I do still love the buzz of London too but I am always happy to get home x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how you adapt and change. x

      Delete
  2. I am a country girl (from Cumbria) but I live on the outskirts of Bristol at the moment. Hopefully one day I can move back! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it funny how home is always home? For me, it's driving over the Tyne Bridge- it still give me tingles.Rx

    http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I know exactly what you mean!! x

      Delete
  4. I hear you, I live both worlds especially seeing as I've been a university student so I've had both worlds and I love them both but going back to either one each year always makes me extremely happy - and I'm extremely sad to not be returning to university this year which was my second home.

    Cute photoset.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think living both worlds definitely makes us appreciate both places. We can see the pros and cons to both. Thank you :) x

      Delete
  5. Yeah I guess that's true. Hehe yes he is a cutie. Thanks :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments. Don't forget to follow me via twitter for blog updates or to ask me a specific question @agirliknow_

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...